As written on the download page of the neighborhood:
"To most people, it's a wide spot in the road, a place to pass through or at most pull over and take a nap while travelling from Here to There. To those who live there, though, it's the whole world.
- The formidable Daytona Beech, State Assemblywoman, lives with her son and campaign manager, Hamilton, in a new house fronting Highway 13.5, from which her grandchildren are bussed to the nearest public school, while her daughter-in-law Sandy does the best she can with the days she's got.
- Homer Land has worked for county law enforcement for some time, while his wife Beulah recently got a job in business. Most of their five children are still in school, but their grown daughter Mary's ready hospitality is well-known even to newcomers.
- Skye Weiss built his observatory home as far from everyone else as possible, and raised his two green children away from prying eyes. His grown daughter Penny and teen son Woody, however, are happy to welcome newcomers, and have formed close bonds with their neighbors.
- International sports star Valentine Hart chose to retire to Widespot with his family after his wife Angel's diagnosis with Rodney's Sudden Death Syndrome. He and his children are grateful for the support of their neighbors during the trying time since her death.
- Successful legitimate businessman Rich Mann and his wife Lana also built their retirement home in Widespot, though he hasn't gotten around to retiring yet. No one's sure what Rich's legitimate business is, but he's obviously done well in it. His son Junior has made quite an impression on the locals.
- The General Store is the only retail establishment in the area.
- The spring-fed Swimming Hole got plumbing installed after a bond issue, and
- Somebody put a bench behind some bushes on an undeveloped corner, which local teens call the Makeout Spot."
-Widespot, Peni Griffin
- Beech: "Daytona Beech has worked untiringly for the development of Widespot. Will the stress of change make this family stronger, or tear it apart?"
- Hart: "After the Hot Tub Dome Scandal and his wife's diagnosis with Rodney's Sudden Death Syndrome, international sports star Valentine Hart retired with his family to the quietest place he could find. Can he and his children recover from the trauma of Angel's untimely death here? Or will they just make everyone else as big a mess as they are?
- Mann: "Rich Mann has it all. He came to Widespot to protect "it" from prying eyes, and retire in comfort."
- Land: "Homer and Beulah came to Widespot to get away from parental disapproval. Now that the highway's finally here, their children are in public school, and with Mary home, Beulah was able to get a job. Their kids face lots of opportunities now - for good, and ill."
- Weiss: "Skye Weiss came to Widespot, with his trust fund, to watch the stars. They watched back. Now the trust fund is gone, Penny's grown, Woody's growing, the highway's come through bringing new people with it - What's a hermit to do?"